Frame Contemporary Art Finland is looking for a Social Responsibility Coordinator to join Frame’s team on a part-time basis from 17 October 2022 to 30 June 2024. The Coordinator will be working on processes of social inclusion and equity, ecological sustainability and climate justice within Frame as part of the EU-funded project Islands of Kinship: A Collective Manual for Sustainable and Inclusive Art Institutions.
Frame is an advocate for Finnish contemporary art. We support international initiatives, facilitate professional partnerships, and encourage critical development of the field.
Working in the two-year-long project Islands of Kinship, the Coordinator will monitor and expand the operations and activities of the organization in the fields of social equity, ecological sustainability and climate justice. The main working language in this position is English.
Islands of Kinship (2022–2024) is an international project supported by the Creative Europe program. The participating institutions are Jindřich Chalupecký Society (Prague, Czech Republic), Faculty of things that can’t be learned (Bitola/ Skopje, Macedonia), Frame Contemporary Art Finland (Helsinki, Finland), Julius Koller Society (Bratislava, Slovakia), The Latvian Centre for Contemporary Art (LCCA) (Riga, Latvia), Temporary Gallery (Cologne, Germany) and Stroom Den Haag (The Hague, Netherlands). Each organisation will have their own Coordinator for the project.
The project Islands of Kinship interconnects and transforms the practical functioning of mid-scale visual art institutions across diverse regions in Europe in a collaborative model addressing questions of inclusion, kinship and togetherness, democratic exchange and ethics, and practical solutions for environment-friendly institutional operation.
The aim of the Social Responsibility Coordinator position is to evaluate the current strategies and operations of each organisation, in an effort to deepen the knowledge and develop more inclusive and sustainable practices. The Coordinator will collect data, suggest improvements and create manuals in their local contexts and together with partners.
Besides their work in individual organisations, an internal network of six Coordinators will be established: the Coordinators will share their research and data in regular meetings (both remotely and in person), and propose new strategies to each partner organization.
As Frame’s Social Responsibility Coordinator, you will be working with Frame’s Head of Programme and your main tasks will be:
- Collect data and monitor Frame’s activities in relation to social inclusion and equity, ecological sustainability and climate justice
- Coordinate work on the social and ecological sustainability within Frame.
- Develop and suggest new practices for institutional activities in relation to social inclusion and equity, ecological sustainability and climate justice
- Communicate and collaborate with partnering organisations
- Contribute to final publication of Islands of Kinship project with other coordinators
What we expect from you:
- Knowledge, skills and experience in developing inclusive and sustainable activities within cultural organisations
- Experience in independent project management and reporting
- Interest in the field of contemporary art
- Fluent spoken and written English skills are a must. Finnish language skills will be helpful but are not a requirement.
The job includes travelling.
What Frame offers
- An international contemporary art work environment;
- Diverse and meaningful tasks;
- A supportive and collegial work community;
- Networking with International cultural organisations;
- Appropriate work equipment;
- A well-being programme which includes health care, regular recreation days, fringe benefits (culture/sports) and the use of an ICOM card.
Salary and working hours
The job is part-time (40 %). The working hours per week are 15 hours and 20 minutes including lunch breaks. The salary is 1 200 euros per month.
Frame’s office is located in the centre of Helsinki and there is a possibility for partial distance work. The organisation’s working languages are Finnish and English. Frame’s office is not accessible. More on accessibility, please see here.
Frame advocates equity within the contemporary art field. We encourage applications from candidates of varied ages, genders, social classes and linguistic, cultural, or other minorities. If you belong to any of these groups, please feel free to indicate this in your application. All information will be processed confidentially.
Please send your motivation letter (about one page describing why you are applying for this position and what would be your strengths in the position) and CV (in a single PDF file) in English by 18.9.2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please name the PDF file with Surname_Firstname and include “Social Responsibility Coordinator 2022” in your email’s subject line.
Interviews will be conducted by the Head of Programme Jussi Koitela and Director Raija Koli. The interviews will last about 45 minutes. Candidates chosen for the interview are given interview questions and instructions on how to prepare in advance.
This announcement is published in Finnish, English and Northern Sámi.
For more information, please contact:
Head of Programme
tel. +358 50 471 7711