Frame Contemporary Art Finland is looking for a Project Manager for a fixed-term position from 1 March 2023 to 31 December 2024. The project manager is in charge of the exhibition production of the Pavilion of Finland in the 60th Venice Art Biennale in 2024.
Frame is an advocate for Finnish contemporary art. We support international initiatives, facilitate professional partnerships, and encourage critical development of the field. Commissioning and producing the exhibition for the Pavilion of Finland at the Venice Biennale is Frame’s largest international project. Read more about the Venice Biennale on our website.
As the Project Manager, you will be in charge of planning and executing the exhibition production for the Pavilion of Finland at the next Venice Art Biennale.
- You are in charge of the exhibition production from planning to dismantling and reporting; planning and monitoring the budget and timetables, making contracts for the exhibition; hosting production meetings; communicating with the working group and other parties taking part in the production; and making travel and accommodation arrangements. You will also act as a manager for the interns and local invigilators during the exhibition.
- You will also participate in other tasks related to Frame’s international programme.
What we expect from you:
- An applicable degree and exhibition production experience
- A strong knowledge of contemporary art
- Interest for fair, inclusive and sustainable cultural production practices
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure: you will manage the exhibition production process carefully and firmly
- Cooperation skills: You are the main contact person for the working group and in close contact with numerous parties taking part in the exhibition production.
- Fluent spoken and written English skills are a must. Finnish language skills are not a requirement. Italian language skills are beneficial.
The job includes travelling.
What Frame offers:
- An international contemporary art work environment;
- Diverse and meaningful tasks;
- A supportive and collegial work community;
- Appropriate work equipment;
- A well-being programme which includes health care, regular recreation days, fringe benefits (culture/sports) and the use of an ICOM card.
Salary and working hours
The job is full time (100%). The working hours per week are 38 hours and 45 minutes including lunch breaks. The salary is EUR 3 100 per month.
Frame’s office is located in the centre of Helsinki and there is a possibility for partial distance work. The organisation’s working languages are Finnish and English. Frame’s office is not accessible. Read more about Frame: https://frame-finland.fi/en/
Frame advocates equity within the contemporary art field. We encourage applications from candidates of varied ages, genders, social class and linguistic, cultural, or other minorities. If you belong to any of these groups, please feel free to indicate this in your application. All information will be processed confidentially.
How to apply
Please send your motivation letter (about one page describing why you are applying for this position and what would be your strengths in the position) and CV (in a single PDF file) in English by Wednesday, 30 November 2022 at 11.59 pm (Finnish time GMT +2) to email@example.com. Please name the PDF file with Surname_Firstname and include “Project Manager 2022” in your email’s subject line.
Interviews will be conducted in December by Raija Koli, Director and Rosa Kuosmanen, Head of Communications. We will make the decision by the end of January 2022. The interview will last about 45 minutes. Candidates chosen for the interview are given interview questions and instructions on how to prepare in advance. There may also be a second round of interviews.
This announcement is published in Finnish and English.
For more more information, please contact:
Raija Koli, Director
firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 044 728 9938
Tue 15 November 2022 at 10–12 am (Finnish time)
Wed 23 November 2022 at 10–12 am (Finnish time)